When? 1st of December
Where? Food Pilot, Brusselsesteenweg 370, Melle, Belgium
You can follow the seminar also online.
Currently, all seats for physical attendance are taken. But, do not hesitate to subscribe. We will send you a personal confimation about your registration and the availability in the room. Online participation is unlimited.
This information session is organised by The ProteInn Club to give stakeholders the opportunity to learn more about the different regulatory aspects of production microorganisms. The program will host 5 experts that will explain into detail how legislation, novel food and different topics of risk assessment are applicable for production microorganisms. Finally, an overview is given of the pathways a new dossier can follow towards approval in Europe. Sufficient time will be allocated to Q&A.
This session is open access, free of charge. It can be followed physically as well as online. Please indicate your preference when registering.
Please register here.
- 12u30 Lunch and guided tours in the Food Pilot
- 14u00 Welcome – Geert Van Royen, ILVO
- 14u05 Regulatory hurdles in using precision fermentation in Europe and USA – Hannah Lester, Amgen Consulting
- 14u30 Novel food in Europe – Isabelle Laquiere, FOD Volksgezondheid Belgium
- 15u00 A wide range of aspects explained – Lieve Herman, EFSA
- Microbiological/molecular risk assessment at EFSA with emphasis on feed and food additive applications
- Whole Genome Sequence as the basis of the assessment
- QPS to be handled in risk assessment
- Overview of relevant guidance documents/statements available from EFSA
- 15u40 Toxicological risk assessment of food enzymes produced by microorganisms – Alicja Mortensen, The National Research Centre for the Working Environment (NRCWE)
- 16u00 Environmental risk assessment – Boet Glandorf, The Netherlands, RIVM
- 16u30 Network drink and guided tours in the Food Pilot
For more information, contact Karen.Verstraete@ilvo.vlaanderen.be